About the E-Convention
Our flagship annual learning and networking experience will create the space to individually and collectively take stock of the progress being made in ‘creating the conditions for an active nation’, and explore the opportunities to use the power of sport and physical activity to transform lives. The programme, which is an exciting mix of keynotes learning sessions, is guided by our underpinning principles, and has been designed around the key themes prevalent across the network.
Working in partnership to effect positive change on the wide range of inter-connected factors that influence activity levels, continues to highlight significant opportunities, strengths and challenges. This could be shifts in policy to enable physical activity; the physical environment promoting healthy lifestyles; how organisations collaborate to support people to be active; or the attitudes of individuals within our communities to physical activity. Within the work sits powerful learning about what is changing in our places: what does progress look like? what does it really mean to create the conditions for an active nation? what value is being created by organisations collaborating around this shared purpose? All these topics will be explored through a series of webinars over the next few months.
- Inspirational, challenging, stretching
- Interactive, peer learning, facilitates collaboration
- Applied, action oriented, grounded in real work
- Mixture of sector and non-sector
- Fun, professional, inclusive, high quality
- Part of continuous programme of learning and improvement
- Strengths based, building from the positives and what is strong not wrong
- Inquisitive about how the factors that influence people’s lives connect
- Encourage activity as part of the daily routine
- Environmentally friendly